Eldan recently asked about reliable gun control statistics. I haven’t had the time to read these papers thoroughly, but I thought finding some research publications on the subject would be useful:
- Firearm Availability and Homicide Rates across 26 High-Income Countries
- Abstracts from Philip J. Cook. Cook seems to be a fairly well-cited professor on the issue of gun control. Due to lack of paper availability (and time, really), I can’t get to the actual papers. His website has links to the full texts of some of his working papers.
- Gun control, gun ownership, and suicide prevention
- New Reports on Violence Prevention Say Home Visits Can Reduce Child Abuse, But Finds Insufficient Scientific Evidence to Determine Whether Firearm laws Impact Rates of Violence
- From the CDCs Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report